Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Adjusting to South Africa

Hi- I have officially been in South Africa a week tomorrow. It has been a little overwhelming at times, and I'm not sure where exactly I fit in, but I'm sure it will be all sorted out after the team leaves.

On Friday, the team from Waupaca and Maass are coming. We will be building a house through Habitat for Humanity on Saturday, for a woman who will be moving out of her shack. Then on Sunday after church we head to Kylemore, which is a color community about 45 minutes outside of Cape Town. We will be leaving within the community and spending time at the kindergarten class as teacher aides and will be doing programs with local youth groups in the afternoon/evening. We will be having community morning pray walks and sharing our testimony with the teens during the youth meetings. We will be there a week.

Then off to the Blouberg house, my home next to the beach. :) We will be assisting the feeding scheme at Visserhoek, a primary school and at SOS Children's Village, which is an orphanage in the afternoon.

Then the last week we will staying in Pinelands, and volunteering at Maitland Children's Hospital, where children are heading into surgery or recovering from surgery. And then at SOS in the afternoon.

We will also be doing some site-seeing and possibly spending time at another orphanage an hour outside of Cape Town.

Please keep the team and me in your prayers over the course of the next month. I will keep you posted when I can.

Love ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there to welcome you to our Cape Town Village - but the moms are all so lovely and you will just love your stay.