Friday, October 15, 2010

Changing Lives

October 2010

It's my favorite time of the year, Autumn. I love watching the leaves changing colors and the cool weather. Jeans and sweater or sweatshirt and you’re set. I found myself taking it all in as I walked the trail at the local wetland reserve yesterday.

It made me stop and think about all the changes that are going on in Tanzania.
Pastor Charles has informed me about the many changes there. It’s exciting to hear about the mighty work that God is doing in the lives of so many people. The church continues to grow and is up to about 300 people. Praise God! The last few Sundays they have done overflow services via internet and have been having success with it. Continue to pray for no more technical delays or problems.

Though, with the move of God.. The enemy has come to attack. The Porters three adorable children have been battling sickness after sickness since they arrived. I would ask that you would join me and others in continual prayer for healing and protection over
these precious children.

Change has also been occurring in my own life. Some of you may have been aware that I was working three jobs and close to 60 hours a week the past four months. All of that has come to a halt, with me being down to one part-time job. Partially because I want the next months to focus on preparation for Tanzania and the people I will be serving there.
I recently attended the introduction meeting to a new ministry in the area, 5-Stones. The ministry’s goal is to bring awareness, response, networking, support and restoration. Learning practical ways of how to response when you cross paths with someone who has become the victim of sex trafficking. I learned a lot that evening about sex trafficking in the US, Wisconsin and the Fox Valley. It’s a great ministry and I would encourage you to check it out and consider getting involved. You can check out 5-Stones at http://www.5-stones.org/

In addition, I recently read a section of the USA today paper from Media Plant that was dedicated to Investing in Women and Girls. Throughout the article, time and time again, it stated how investing in women and girls will not only change a life, but will effect and change the whole community. “Dedicating resources to a single woman has a ripple effect on her entire
community.”

In the section entitled, Working to end violence against women. It stated that one out of every three women around the world has been beaten, coerced into sex, or otherwise abused in her lifetime. That is too often. You can read more at http://www.mediaplanet.com/.

As a woman and child of God, I refuse to just sit on the sidelines and do nothing to stop it. It’s my heart’s desire to bring hope to these beautiful daughters of our Heavenly Father. As the book, Captivating states:
“Every woman was once a little girl. And every little girl holds in her heart her most
precious dreams. She longs to be swept up into a romance, to play an irreplaceable
role in a great adventure, to be the Beauty of the Story. Those desires are far more
than child’s play. They are the secret to the feminine heart.
The message of Captivating is this:
Your heart matters more than anything else in all creation. The desires you had as a
little girl and the longings you feel as a woman--they are telling you of the life God
created you to live. He offers to come now as the Hero of your story, to rescue your
heart and release you to live as a fully alive and feminine woman. A woman who is
truly captivating



This is my heart’s cry for everyone woman and girl.. That they would know God’s love in their life like no other. The beautiful girls and women of Tanzania desire for this love too. Would you consider partnering with me and the rest of the team as we bring hope, restoration, God’s truth and love to the women and girls of Tanzania.

$25.00 per month x 50 people x 12 months = Tanzania women embracing the Captivating dream God has for her.

Your Sister in Christ,
Natalie Green
Missionary to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

No comments: