Monday, December 04, 2006

Thank you, God!

New Horizons
Unless you are willing
to launch out far from the sight
and safety of the shore
into the deep beyond
your present comfort zone,
you will never know what you are capable of becoming
or doing,
nor will you ever discover the new horizons
and greater dreams
your heart is yearning for.

God is continue His work in my life. It's been a hard week staying good-bye to so many people. People that have encouraged, inspired, stretched and blessed my life these past four months. I'm leaving a part of my heart behind, but it's encouraging knowning that I will be returning.

This morning God opened my eyes to see through His. Monday, is trash day at the house, and so the bin was set out for pick-up. Typically, local homeless people in the area, will dig through the trash looking for anything they can recycle or even eat. At times, I feared that I became numb to the site, but today God moved on my heart to bless them. So, I went to my room and grabbed the fruit I had bought the day before and walked across the street, handed them the food and told them God bless you. The two people thanked me in Afrikiaans. And I smiled back. My heart is heavy and yearning for the people here. I never understood how people could live overseas away from their family, but it's been evident that this is my family and God desires for me to see His children through His eyes.

Thank you God for these past four months. For opening my eyes, my heart, my soul and my ears to what you are teaching me. Thank you for molding my heart more into yours with each passing day. I pray that would our desire.

See you all soon.

Love ya!

No comments: