Thursday, August 28, 2008

Update on this week

My week has been going pretty good.. I feel a bit of a cold coming on, so pray that I don't get sick. There's been a nasty case of the flu going around and it's been hard to stay warm and dry in the rain and cold these past days. Yesterday was our first sunny warm day in a long time. I took advantage of it and did my first load of wash by hand. I guess that's something I should have been taught how to do. I'm sure there's a method to it, but I think I figured it out for the most part. lol :P

I've had the luxury of not driving to either dance or sing/worship practice the past two nights, which is nice, considering as there is practice for either of them every night during the week except Friday.

Today, we spent time at the Ubuntu house. I went there last time I was here. It's a transitional house for babies that are waiting for legal part of the adoption to go through. Edith, Emily and me went there and spent time taking care of the babies. They are sooo cute. I wanted to take the all home. :) Yesterday, we were at the Karl Bremer Hospital in the Kangaroo Care Ward. We spent the morning with the moms treating them to a hand massage, manicure or both. It was a great way to connect with the moms. I'm truly enjoying my time there and working with moms on a different level than when I was home.

Take care and thank you for your prayers and support.

No comments: