Thursday, September 14, 2006

Be Encouraged.....

This morning was a great day! We had a staff mtg as usual, but God moved in a mighty way today... the staff mtg typically starts with a time of worship that I always enjoy.. worshipping God in other languages.. then a time from the Word... which was awesome... We talked about John 2 (water to wine) and how we are vessels for God and need to be fill by him on a daily basis... How the waterpots that were used for the water that became wine, was the same waterpots that we used for feet-washing, just as Christ washed the feet of the disciples, we are to wash the feet of those around us... Then I meet two wonderful woman from the states, who are here from YFC USA and another organization who are dedicated to serve the women and youth of the nations. They are spending time here in South Africa and other Southern African countries, where they are ministering to the youth and especially the women of the nations. Rene, who I met, is a black woman from TN, with a beautiful heart. We started talking during our coffee break from the meeting on how I ended up in South Africa.. then I got to share with her my passion and heart for the women of the nations.. and God opened the door for us to be in contact when I return to the states.. because it's not only passion, but Rene's passion too, and it is also a desire that God is moving among the women she has been in contact with back in the states. Recently, Norma, who was my teacher and dear friend, when I went through the pregnancy counseling training last time, had coffee/lunch together and we were discussing my future.. and I told her my heart.. but many times I'm asked how I'm going to get there.. and I simply answer that I'm not sure, but I'm trusting God. It was awesome to spend time with Rene and see a glimpse of light in the dream God placed in my heart many years ago and to see a new door before me. There is a time and a place and reason for everything.. I truly believe that me and Rene meeting today was one of those moments and so does she. God is so awesome!

I had the wonderful opportunity to pray for three people today within the YFC family this morning.. and it was good to be used by God to not only bless within the projects/programs, but to bless those around me. I know that God has blessed me with a heart of prayer and it was evident today that I need to get back into putting that gift to use. God is revealing Himself in a mighty way today! Praise be to His Name!

I pray that you will be blessed and encouraged. Thank you for everything. I love you!

No comments: