Thursday, September 07, 2006

Extremes of Cape Town


I'm constantly in awe of the beauty that surrounds me. Above is a pic that I took at Cape Point quite a few weeks ago, but I just started looking through my pics today. The picture is a view of the Atlantic Ocean at Cape Point as I was hiking down from the lighthouse.



Here's a pic of my new class (GR-R) that I have been assisting at Yzerplaat Primary School. Gr-R refers to kids that are between the ages of 4-6. I have been assisting with doing craft projects with them, playing with them during recess and more importantly love on them. Many of the kids come from the Congo, Nigeria and other surrounding African countries. There are about 18 kids in my class. Though this past week I found out that not all will be returning to class, because their parents can't afford to pay for their schooling. It will cost on the average about $250 for the whole year or R1500 (South Africa currency). That was hard for me, because school is important to their future.

I look forward to hearing how everyone is doing.. Take care of yourself and I'll work on updating this again soon. I will be coming forth with a prayer request/support opportunity in the very near future so stay posted. love ya!

No comments: