Friday, September 01, 2006

One Month Down... three to go...

I can't believe that I celebrate being in South Africa for a month already. For most of you, you've probably heard that my plans have changed somewhat, and I will be coming home in December vs Jan. I truly believe that's it's important to be home with my family this Christmas, after everything my family has been through this past year.

Today, I got a new roommate, Isabell from Germany.. yep, another German.. so that makes me the only non-german in the group, of 10. So, who knows I may be learning/speaking German by the time I come home in addition to understanding Xhosa and Afrikians better.

On Sunday, I have the wonderful opportunity to sing along with a worship team at my director's church. Rolf, my director, is in charge of the worship team at his church. On Sunday, me and two of the german girls (Bettina and Caroline) are joining a guy from Brazil, one from Scotland and a few from South Africa. If you've ever heard me talk about the how much I enjoy the worship over here, you'll understand why I'm so excited and nervous about Sunday.. It's like a glimpse of heaven.. people from different nations getting together and praising God!

Please keep Bettina in your prayers as her throat is bothering her and yesterday she couldn't speak. Pray for healing. Thank you!

I miss you all, but I will see you all soon... Love Ya.

No comments: