Monday, November 10, 2008

My HEART & DESIRE Exposed

I have been doing a lot of thinking since Mike, the director in East London, and me had our talk. In all honesty, the peace and excitment of spending next year here in East London has left and I don't believe this is where I am to be. Granted, that staying here would be a lot of my other originals goals that I made would not happen and it would be like starting over from scratch again. I have to admit there is a part of me that's not ready to start over again and put some of those goals to the side and not have them happen.

So, here's what I'm proposing to Emelio, the Cape Town director, to see about transferring me to the Kylemore sight. Every since I spent time there with the US team, part of my heart was left there. I would like to get more involved within the high school and the youth groups around there. And my biggest draw is the fact that we live within the community and have the opportunity to grow and develop within that community. There is so many opportunities there and being involved in the community as a whole is definitely my heart.

I would also like to spend time at Tulbough-the orphanage that the UK group spent time at when they were here. According to them it was an unbelieveable experience.

Plus I would still like to have some of my other goals come to pass before I leave in June 2009...-Visiting the George Options branch and had talked to Laurie about coming next year to take the post-abortion class.-Visiting the kids my family are sponsoring through World Vision that are here in South Africa, one towards Lesotho and the other near Queens by East London, but I need to work on over the holidays.

I hope this isn't too much.. but I want you understand where I'm coming from.. and I can't ignore the DESIRE I have to be back in Kylemore. I hear from the youth on regular basis asking when I'm coming back and my heart aches to go back. Thanks for hearing my heart. Have an awesome week.

No comments: