Friday, November 07, 2008

Trying to Figure things out- Prayers Warriors Requested

On Wed. I finally had my mtg with Mike, the director, after our long discussion, this is what we decided. I would have three main focuses during my time here. The first one will be receiving AIDs/HIV training and then I will be doing training within the schools and also counseling those facing AIDS/HIV. The second will be assisting with training the YFC staff at this office on issues they need to work on within management, leadership skills, group dynamics, constructive critism, etc and then areas of spiritual growth. The three will be doing mentoring and couseling both in the children's home across the street from the office and within in the schools were are already working in. I'm excited about these new areas of focus and I believe it will be challenging and give me areas that I can grow in and develop in. So, I'm pretty excited about it. Mike will be stepping down next year around March, so he needs to discuss it with Dusma, who will be taking over. So, now its figuring out logistics too (housing, transportation, etc). But I'm not too concerned about that.

Though, I have to admit that a ton is running through my mind since I had my talk with Mike. There's a part of me that wants to head back to Cape Town and just stay there, because it's "home" already and I have my group of friends outside of the YFC office and I have a church family, etc. I would have to start from scratch if I stay here. And some of it will be adjusting to the new leadership here. I have to say that it hasn't gone as I expected or planned and some of it I'm surprised by and unsure which direction I should be going.

I know that I want to spend time here, but I think I need to see about possibly not staying for the entire time from mid-Jan until June. Maybe for only a few months.

In all honesty, there is still a part of me that would love to serve in Kylemore for a few months and I could spend a few months here and then end back in Cape Town and at the Kylemore programme. If that is an option.

I don't need to make a decision right this minute.. I know I need to seek God's face on this and figure out what He wants me to be doing.

I appreciate your listening ear and friendship.

No comments: